- 2 cups Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar + 1/2 cup for rolling
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 unripe banana (taste is not as overpowering as a ripe banana, but either work)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Natural vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Milk Chocolate Hershey Kisses
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl mash the banana, then add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, applesauce, eggs, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Place cookie batter in fridge for 30 minutes. This is totally optional but I find it helps stiffen the batter and makes it easier to roll.
- While batter is in fridge, unwrap 40-50 Hershey Kisses and place 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar into separate bowl.
- Remove batter from fridge and roll into 1 in. balls.
- Roll individual balls in the extra coconut sugar, place on backing sheet and flatten slightly with your hands.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately add Herskey Kisses, then place cookies into fridge (this helps the chocolate from melting).
For a more traditional take on the cookie, eliminate the banana. The banana makes them a little more moist and chewy. ( I can’t stand the taste of bananas, but the peanut butter is so overpowering, I can tolerate them in these cookies!). It’s really up to you and what your taste buds prefer. I’ve made them both ways and they each turn out amazing.
P.S. These cookies turn out a bit darker than traditional peanut blossoms because of the coconut sugar and banana.